2011 Enchantments Permits, additional information - December 18, 2010

posted Dec 18, 2010, 6:42 PM by Luke Hizer
A little bit more about what the permitting process for the Enchantments will look like next year:

Big changes are coming! To help streamline the permit application process and provide for a more timely response to applicants, we are working with Reserve America to put the Enchantment Permit Area reservation system on the internet. For 2011, applying for a permit reservation will require going to www.recreation.gov and clicking on the "Permits" tab near the center top of the home page screen, then applying through a series of simple menus.

The new system is not yet posted to the website, but we expect to have the system up and running this winter and are planning to accept applications from February 1 through March 1.

Those trying for an Enchantment Area permit for the summer of 2011 will need to apply through the website, or through a call center provided by Reserve America. In the meantime, if you are planning to apply for a permit in the coming year you can go to www.recreation.gov and set up a profile. You can also check out the current Permits section of the website, where the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and several river permit systems now have their home, and get a feel for what the coming system will look like.

We will post updates as soon as the new website’s details are worked out, so continue to check here for further information.

The full permit page is available here.